Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JRockland Double inverted H-BOT
Brick 
I'm currently working on a double-inverted H-bot (Core X-Y compatible) stackable frame for production / farm printing.

It can be match with multiple tools but also come with a custom dual extruder:

Reason why I linked my project here ? Because It use a fixed bed and can have up to 19200 step/mm 
(on a 16 micro step setup. can be much more but I'm not a fan of micro stepping)
So it is a perfect frame for a metal printer who need really good precision.
It is also the first printer/frame that I know of who have gearset for X/Y, from 1:1 to 3.79:1 ratio. Almost 4 time the precision that any belted printer can give at the moment.

This is a 3d printer (Well it can do much more.. but let's start with that) That I built for print farm and heavy users.
100% should NOT be your first 3d printer. This is an ADVANCE project.
Core XY / Double H-Bot compatible
Compatible with all Extruder that fit on a flat plate, Or it come with is own dual extruder.
Stackable In the same frame AND frames are also stackable.. Hard to explain.. look at the pictures.
100% Customable to your need, and it come with a cute (not at all) form where you just need to input the print area and if you want to stack them, how many in X-Z. It then generate a list of parts and length for all the frame parts.
It does XYZ, XYUV (up to 45' angle on Z to fit a treadmill, can be automated from 90 to 45), Automatic bed leveling (4Z), enclosed chambers, separated chamber for filament rolls and a third one for electronic (can be cooled down while the filaments chamber can be heated)
Fit boards from 5 steppers to 14 steppers for full options:
5: shared (x-x - y-y) in double-h bot and (x-y) in core-xy, shared Z (not automatic bed leveling) dual extruder.
8: shared (x-x - y-y) in double-h bot and (x-y) in core-xy, Automatic bed leveling and dual extruder
11: Complete double-inverted H-bot, automatic bed leveling and dual extruder
13: Complete double-inverted H-bot, automatic bed leveling and quad extruder (ghost mode and mirror mode)
14: Complete double-inverted H-bot, automatic bed leveling and quad extruder (ghost mode and mirror mode) + treadmill.

At the moment I'm working on uploading all the files (there is a ton of parts) on my GitHub.

GitHub link : https://github.com/rockland87/3dprinter

Reddit link : https://www.reddit.com/r/JRockland3DPrinter/

As soon as my CNC is ready to go Ill be working on adapting (if needed) the frame to the metal matters project. Can't wait to be printing metal.